Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover: “Point of Retreat” is a novel written by Colleen Hoover. The story centers around Will Cooper and Layken Cohen, who are both struggling with personal issues when they meet and fall in love.
Will is a high school English teacher who is still grieving the loss of his wife. He is a single father and is struggling to raise his young son. Layken is an 18-year-old student who is trying to come to terms with the loss of her father. She is also trying to help her family deal with the financial struggles they are facing.
Get all Slammed Series Books!
Will and Layken meet and begin to form a bond. As they get to know each other, they begin to realize that they both have a lot to offer each other. Will helps Layken to heal from the loss of her father and Layken helps Will to move on from his wife’s death.
As their relationship develops, they are faced with a number of challenges. Will’s son is not happy about the relationship and Layken’s brother is not happy about her involvement with a teacher. They also have to deal with the disapproval of their peers and the school administration.
Despite the challenges, Will and Layken are determined to make their relationship work. They are willing to fight for each other and for their love. In the end, they are able to overcome all obstacles and find happiness together.
The novel is a touching and emotional story about the power of love and the ability to heal and move on from past traumas. It explores themes of grief, loss, and family dynamics. The characters are relatable and authentic, making the story engaging and heartwarming.
The story of “Point of Retreat” is a must-read for anyone who loves contemporary romance novels. It is a beautifully written and emotionally powerful story that will leave readers feeling uplifted and inspired.
Also, check out these book sections!
Genre of Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover – Slammed series Book 2
Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover is a novel in the genre of contemporary romance. The story focuses on the relationship between Will and Layken, two characters who are struggling with personal issues when they meet and fall in love. The novel explores themes of love, loss, and healing, and deals with the challenges that arise when two people from different backgrounds come together.
The novel is characterized by its emotional depth and relatable characters. The author’s writing style is authentic and engaging, making the story a captivating and heartwarming read. The novel is a perfect choice for readers who enjoy contemporary romance novels and are looking for a story that deals with real-life issues in a sensitive and authentic way.
The book, Point of Retreat is considered one of Colleen Hoover’s masterpieces.
How to get free Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover?
READ ALSO: Colleen Hoover Books In Order
What are the Point of Retreat Characters?
Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover features several main characters, including:
- Will Cooper: He is the main male protagonist, a high school English teacher, and a single father who is still grieving the loss of his wife. He is a strong, compassionate and caring person, who is trying to raise his young son and move on from his wife’s death.
- Layken Cohen: She is the main female protagonist, an 18-year-old student, and a young woman who is trying to come to terms with the loss of her father. She is a strong and independent person who is trying to help her family deal with the financial struggles they are facing.
- Kel: Layken’s older brother, who is fiercely protective of her and is not happy about her involvement with Will. He is a hard-working, responsible and caring person.
- Gavin: Will’s son, who is not happy about his father’s relationship with Layken. He is a young boy who is struggling to cope with the loss of his mother.
- Caulder: Will’s best friend, who is also a teacher in the same school. He is a supportive and caring friend who tries to help Will navigate his relationship with Layken.
- Eddie: Layken’s best friend, who is a loyal and supportive friend to her. He is also a musician and helps Layken to deal with her emotional struggles.
- Mrs. Cooper: Will’s mother-in-law, who is a strong-willed and opinionated woman. She is also a loving grandmother to Gavin and tries to support Will in raising his son.
- Lake: Layken’s younger brother, who is a young boy who is dealing with the loss of his father. He is a lively and energetic child who is loved by everyone around him.
- Ms. Gomez: Will’s boss, who is the principal of the school. She is a no-nonsense woman who tries to maintain a professional relationship with Will.
- Mrs. Ramirez: Layken’s neighbor, who is an older woman who is a kind and supportive friend to Layken and her family.
- Mrs. Edwards: Will’s neighbor, who is an older woman who is a nosy and curious neighbor who tries to keep tabs on Will and Layken’s relationship.
Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover Read Time
The normal read time of “Point of Retreat” is just over six and a half hours; nevertheless, if you’ve got the hardcover book as I do, then it was easily read in about five and a half hours. Overall, Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover was amazing, short to read, and simple to understand.
To begin, this is a fantastic weekend read. If you’re one who enjoys recharging your energies during the holidays, you’ll find “Point of Retreat” very helpful.
Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover – Details
- Publisher : Atria; Original edition (September 18, 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1476715920
- ISBN-13 : 978-1476715926
- Item Weight : 13.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.31 x 0.8 x 8.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #469 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #72 in Contemporary Women Fiction
- #120 in New Adult & College Romance (Books)
- #245 in Contemporary Romance (Books)
About Colleen Hoover
Recap of what we just learned
- Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover – Slammed Series Book 2
- Genre of Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover – Slammed Series Book 2
- How to get free Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover?
- What are the Point of Retreat Characters?
- Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover Read Time
- Point of Retreat By Colleen Hoover – Details
- About Colleen Hoover – A Short Biography
In conclusion, Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover is a must-read for anyone who loves contemporary romance novels. The story is an emotional and powerful one that deals with themes of love, loss, and healing. The characters are relatable and authentic, making the story an engaging and heartwarming read. The writing style of the author is authentic, making the story a captivating and heartwarming read. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a novel that will leave them feeling uplifted and inspired.
If you really enjoyed Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Did you read “Point of Retreat” by Colleen Hoover on the way? Which one are you reading—and how similar are they? If you like Point of Retreat, you should read these books in the same genre.
- Slammed By Colleen Hoover
- Robert Dugoni Books In Order
- Lisa Wingate Books In Order
- Brad Meltzer Books In Order
- V.C. Andrews Books In Order