To help you learn psychology on your own ways, Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide has the following unique features:
- All chapters begin with a 5-question true-or-false preview quiz; answers can
be found near the top of a given chapters.
- Immediately following the quiz there’s a brief list of chapter objectives.
- Following each section there are one or several questions concerning the
material in the section. The questions are of the fill-in-the-blank variety.
Answers are provided immediately following the questions.
- A ten-question multiple-choice self-test appears toward the top of every chapter. Answers to the self-test immediately follow.
- A list of key terms appears at the end of each chapter.
How Do You Use the Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide?
I hope that you simply will use the book by being a lively , not a passive, learner. You
can accomplish this by following a step-by-step process for each chapter:
- Take the five-question true-or-false quiz. Even if you don’t know an answer,
make a guess. This will get you involved in the material. Turn to the answer
key at the end of the chapter. Score the test. You should, of course, be pleased if you get four or five questions correct. On the other hand, don’t be concerned if you only get two or three correct. Obviously, you haven’t studied the material yet. The purpose of the quiz is to break the ice, verify what you already know, and give you a preview of what is to come in the chapter.
- Review the chapter objectives. Their aim is to give you some idea of what you need to pay attention to in the chapter. The objectives help to give your study focus and direct you to what is of particular importance in the chapter.
- Read all sections and pay attention to the emphasized terms and meanings.
- Answer the fill-in-the-blank sentences at the top of every section before moving on to the next one. Attempt the answers through the use of mental
Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide: Table of Content
- Introduction: The Foundations of Psychology 1
- Research Methods in Psychology: Gathering Data 17
- The Biology of Behavior: Is the Brain the Organ of Mental Life? 30
- Sensation: Studying the Gateways of Experience 45
- Perception:Why Do Things Look the Way They Do? 57
- Learning: Understanding Acquired Behavior 72
- Motivation:Why Do We Do What We Do? 90
- Emotions: Riding Life’s Roller Coaster 107
- Thinking: Exploring Mental Life 120
- Intelligence: In Pursuit of Rational Thought and Effective Action 136
- Developmental Psychology: How Children Become Adults 153
- Sex and Love: Are You in the Mood? 174
- Personality: Psychological Factors That Make You an Individual 191
- Abnormal Psychology: Exploring Mental Disorders 212
- Therapy: Helping Troubled People 231
- Social Psychology: Interacting with Other People 247
If you really enjoyed Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook and pin post images on your Pinterest. Thank you very much!
Did you read “Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide” on the way? Which one you are reading—and how it is similar to one of this?
- What do you think about Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide?
- What would you like differently?
- What other ideas do you think to these books that I may have not mentioned?
Leave a comment below to tell us about your feed back!
Related Topics: If you enjoy this book, then there are some more interesting books are given below for you!
Are you looking for best hashtags for Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook? We will provide top hashtags that will help you market your content over social media more successfully. Our top hashtags are the most popular hashtags, users are looking for. We generate some great HashTags to give you the idea to start. Copy popular hashtags and paste to anywhere you want. Here are some Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide popular hashtags.
#psychology #mentalhealth #therapy #mentalhealthawareness #psicologia #motivation #anxiety #mindfulness #health #psychologist #psychotherapy #selfcare #depression #philosophy #quotes #life #wellness #inspiration #therapist #healing #counseling #psychologystudent #mind #selflove #mentalillness #mentalhealthmatters #psychologyfacts #sociology #alevelsociology #psychology #studygram #guitaristmemes #singermemes #actormemes #secretlymeming #wellbeing #memegroup #stolenmemes #mememedia #germanymeme #imeme #memeanalyst #memegraduate #tomandjerry #roflmfao
Our Android Apps
The Google Play store contains over 3 million apps; some are masterpieces. Our team is also participating in making android projects. If you really enjoy this article, “Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide“ then you should also try some of our educational android apps and support us by giving us rating in Google Play Store, if you love these apps.