The Testament – Colleen Hoover: I am going to provide you an honest review of The Testament.
“The Testament” by John Grisham is a legal thriller novel that follows the story of billionaire Troy Phelan, who, at the end of his life, decides to disinherit his six children and leave his entire eleven-billion-dollar fortune to a previously unknown illegitimate daughter, Rachel Lane, who is working as a missionary in the Brazilian rainforest.
After Phelan’s death, his family hires a team of lawyers to challenge the will, while Rachel remains unaware of her newfound wealth. To locate Rachel, the lawyers enlist the help of Nate O’Riley, a successful but alcoholic lawyer who is fresh out of rehab and looking for a purpose in life.
Despite his reservations, Nate travels to Brazil, where he finds Rachel and convinces her of her inheritance. But the news of her newfound wealth quickly spreads, and Rachel is soon besieged by hordes of greedy lawyers, journalists, and others seeking a piece of the fortune.
As Nate and Rachel try to navigate the complicated legal and cultural terrain of Brazil, they face numerous challenges, including hostile locals, deadly animals, and corrupt officials. They also uncover the harsh realities of life in the rainforest, including rampant poverty, disease, and environmental destruction.
Ultimately, Nate and Rachel must fight to protect the fortune from those who would exploit it and use it to make a positive impact on the lives of the people in the rainforest. Along the way, they discover their own inner strengths and build a deep bond of trust and respect.
“The Testament” is a gripping and thought-provoking novel that explores themes of greed, family, legacy, and redemption. It is a compelling read that will keep readers on the edge of their seats until the very end.
GET 100% FREE ACCESS TO THIS BOOK BY SIGNING UP HERE!
Also, check out these book sections!
Genre of The Testament – John Grisham
The Testament by John Grisham is a legal thriller novel. It belongs to the genre of legal fiction, which combines the elements of law, crime, and justice to create a gripping and thrilling story. The novel also has elements of adventure and mystery as the protagonist travels through the jungles of Brazil in search of the mysterious heiress named in the will. The story also delves into themes of family, greed, redemption, and the power of wealth. The Testament is a masterful blend of legal drama, adventure, and suspense, making it a must-read for fans of the legal thriller genre.
The book, The Testament is considered one of John Grisham’s masterpieces.
How to get free The Testament – John Grisham?
Begin a 30-day trial of Audible Premium Plus to receive The Testament by John Grisham for free. Just SIGN UP & SUBSCRIBE from my LINK and enjoy your FREE copy of The Testament now!
READ ALSO: John Grisham Books In Order
What are the The Testament Characters?
- Troy Phelan – An extremely wealthy and successful businessman who unexpectedly changes his will to leave his fortune to an illegitimate daughter living in the Brazilian jungle.
- Rachel Lane – A missionary living in the Brazilian jungle who is named as the sole heir in Troy Phelan’s will.
- Nate O’Riley – A high-powered, alcoholic lawyer hired by Troy Phelan to track down Rachel Lane and deliver her the news of her inheritance.
- Josh Stafford – Nate’s former law partner who is left in charge of the firm while Nate is away on his mission to find Rachel Lane.
- Libbigail Phelan – Troy Phelan’s troubled and estranged daughter who stands to inherit nothing from her father’s will.
- Ramble – Rachel Lane’s adoptive father and mentor who helps her navigate the dangers of the Brazilian jungle.
- Josh’s associates – A group of lawyers at Nate’s former law firm who are caught up in the legal battle surrounding Troy Phelan’s will.
- Eduardo – A dangerous and violent drug lord who seeks revenge against Rachel Lane for her work in the jungle.
The Testament – John Grisham Read Time
“The Testament” takes about 10 and a half hours to read, but if you have the audiobook, it can be listened to in about 8 and a half hours. The book is written by John Grisham and is great. It is short and easy to understand.
To begin, is a fantastic weekend read. If you’re one who enjoys recharging your energies during the holidays, you’ll find “The Testament” very helpful.
The Testament – John Grisham – Details
- Publisher : Anchor; Reprint edition (September 27, 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 480 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0385339585
- ISBN-13 : 978-0385339582
- Lexile measure : 770L
- Item Weight : 13 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.2 x 1 x 8 inches
About John Grisham
John Grisham is an American author and former lawyer, born on February 8, 1955, in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Grisham practiced law for nearly a decade before turning to writing, and his first novel, “A Time to Kill,” was published in 1989. Since then, he has written over 40 novels, many of which have become bestsellers.
Grisham has won many awards for his writing, including the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Thriller and the Peggy V. Helmerich Distinguished Author Award. His net worth is estimated to be over $350 million.
Recap of what we just learned
- The Testament – John Grisham
- Genre of The Testament by John Grisham
- How to get free The Testament – John Grisham?
- What are the The Testament Characters?
- The Testament – John Grisham Read Time
- The Testament – John Grisham – Details
- About John Grisham – A Short Biography
In conclusion, “The Testament” is a thrilling novel that takes readers on a wild adventure through the Amazon jungle. It explores themes of family, greed, and redemption through the eyes of a disgraced lawyer and a courageous missionary. John Grisham’s masterful storytelling and vivid descriptions of the jungle setting keep readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish. With well-developed characters, unexpected twists, and a satisfying conclusion, “The Testament” is a must-read for fans of legal thrillers and adventure novels alike.
If you really enjoyed The Testament by John Grisham, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Did you read “The Testament” by John Grisham on the way? Which one are you reading—and how similar are they? If you like The Testament, you should read these books in the same genre.
GET 100% FREE ACCESS TO THIS BOOK BY SIGNING UP HERE!
Have you read “The Testament” by John Grisham during your travels? Which other books are you currently reading, and how do they compare to “The Testament”? If you enjoyed “The Testament,” I recommend exploring similar books within the same genre.