The Street Lawyer – Colleen Hoover: I am going to provide you an honest review of The Street Lawyer.
In John Grisham’s novel, The Street Lawyer, Michael Brock is a rising star at Drake & Sweeney, a prestigious law firm in Washington D.C. He’s on the cusp of making partner, living a luxurious life, and consumed by his work. But everything changes when a homeless man takes him and eight of his colleagues hostage in their plush offices. Michael is traumatized by the experience, and his encounter with the homeless man awakens his conscience. He starts to re-evaluate his life and becomes determined to help those less fortunate.
However, as he delves deeper into the lives of the homeless, he discovers a conspiracy that threatens to ruin his life and career. He must make a choice between standing up for what he believes in and risking everything he’s worked so hard to achieve.
Throughout the novel, Grisham explores themes of social justice, greed, and the power dynamics that exist within the legal system. The portrayal of the homeless community is sensitive and realistic, highlighting the challenges that they face in society. The story’s pace is fast-paced and suspenseful, with unexpected plot twists that keep readers engaged until the very end.
The Street Lawyer features a cast of memorable characters, including Michael Brock, the protagonist, who undergoes a significant transformation throughout the story. His colleagues at Drake & Sweeney, who are initially portrayed as cut-throat lawyers, are revealed to have complex motivations and struggles of their own. The homeless man who takes the lawyers hostage, known as Mister, is a sympathetic character whose tragic backstory tugs at the reader’s heartstrings.
Also, check out these book sections!
Genre of The Street Lawyer – John Grisham
The Street Lawyer by John Grisham is a legal thriller novel that belongs to the crime fiction genre. The story centers around a young lawyer, Michael Brock, who works for a high-profile law firm in Washington, D.C. After a traumatic event that shakes him to his core, Michael undergoes a transformation from a greedy, ambitious lawyer to a social justice advocate who champions the rights of the homeless. The novel explores themes of corporate greed, social inequality, and the importance of personal ethics. The legal and ethical dilemmas faced by the protagonist are the hallmark of the legal thriller genre.
The book, The Street Lawyer is considered one of John Grisham’s masterpieces.
How to get free The Street Lawyer – John Grisham?
READ ALSO: John Grisham Books In Order
What are the The Street Lawyer Characters?
- Michael Brock – The protagonist, a successful lawyer at a prestigious law firm in Washington, D.C.
- Mordecai Green – A homeless man who takes Michael and his colleagues hostage.
- DeVon Hardy – A fellow lawyer at Drake & Sweeney and Michael’s close friend.
- Claire Brock – Michael’s wife, who initially struggles with his decision to leave the law firm and work for a legal clinic.
- Arthur Jacobs – A senior partner at Drake & Sweeney and Michael’s former boss.
- Doyle – A police officer who responds to the hostage situation.
- Mrs. Roselle – A client at the legal clinic where Michael starts working.
- Mister – A homeless man who becomes Michael’s guide and mentor.
- Mordecai Jr. – Mordecai’s son who lives on the streets.
- Barry Nuzzo – A fellow lawyer who becomes Michael’s adversary after he leaves Drake & Sweeney.
The Street Lawyer – John Grisham Read Time
“The Street Lawyer” takes about 8 and a half hours to read, but if you have the audiobook, it can be listened to in about 7 and a half hours. The book is written by John Grisham and is great. It is short and easy to understand.
To begin, is a fantastic weekend read. If you’re one who enjoys recharging your energies during the holidays, you’ll find “The Street Lawyer” very helpful.
The Street Lawyer – John Grisham – Details
- Publisher : Doubleday; 1st edition (February 16, 1998)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0385490992
- ISBN-13 : 978-0385490993
- Lexile measure : 520L
- Item Weight : 1.32 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.46 x 1.13 x 9.54 inches
About John Grisham
John Grisham is an American author and former lawyer, born on February 8, 1955, in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Grisham practiced law for nearly a decade before turning to writing, and his first novel, “A Time to Kill,” was published in 1989. Since then, he has written over 40 novels, many of which have become bestsellers.
Grisham has won many awards for his writing, including the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Thriller and the Peggy V. Helmerich Distinguished Author Award. His net worth is estimated to be over $350 million.
Recap of what we just learned
- The Street Lawyer – John Grisham
- Genre of The Street Lawyer by John Grisham
- How to get free The Street Lawyer – John Grisham?
- What are the The Street Lawyer Characters?
- The Street Lawyer – John Grisham Read Time
- The Street Lawyer – John Grisham – Details
- About John Grisham – A Short Biography
In conclusion, The Street Lawyer is an engrossing legal thriller that delves into important social issues. It’s a story about a man’s journey towards redemption and the transformative power of empathy. The novel is an excellent addition to John Grisham’s impressive body of work, and a must-read for fans of the legal thriller genre.
If you really enjoyed The Street Lawyer by John Grisham, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Did you read “The Street Lawyer” by John Grisham on the way? Which one are you reading—and how similar are they? If you like The Street Lawyer, you should read these books in the same genre.
Have you read “The Street Lawyer” by John Grisham during your travels? Which other books are you currently reading, and how do they compare to “The Street Lawyer”? If you enjoyed “The Street Lawyer,” I recommend exploring similar books within the same genre.