High Heat – Jack Reacher Book 17.5 by Lee Child: High Heat is a thrill, full of suspense and action packed novel by Lee Child. In the novel, Lee Child presents his hero Jack Reacher in a new and novel action. Lee Child has used his magical pen and wonderful craft of shaping the master piece and engages the readers in the puzzles of the mystery and mystic of story.
Jack Reacher is visiting New York to meet his elder brother. His brother is residing at West Point. Here he meets a woman Jill Hemingway who is assaulted by a man. Jack Reacher follows the man in order to know whether he is the man who is involved in the mob bosses of New York City. Croselli has a quarrel with the lady and slapped at her face. He thought that Hemingway might be the agent from FBI. So he her warns to leave the city otherwise he would kill her.
Jack Reacher suspects something serious in this affair and his doubts always prove true. He visits Chrissie and they drive off to the club where Hemingway and the Croselli henchman are having a conversation at one table. Seeing Jack Reacher and Chrissie, calls his immediate boss and informs him about Jack Reacher. High heat is crested by Lee Child in the novel.
Jack Reacher is informed that Hemingway is on suspension from the job. Jack and Chrissie quietly slip away before the coming of the boss. After they escape from the club, they come across Son of Sam. He is serial killer. He has killed many couples in the cars. He could not observe that Jack Reacher and Chrissie are coming after him. However jack Reacher has a better look at the postures and manners of Son of Sam.
The meeting between Jack and Hemingway takes place outside the hideouts of Croselli. Jack Reacher is informed by Hemingway that the men of Croselli are outside from their dug out as they are to collect money to give protection from plunderers and looters to the businessmen of the city. These businessmen provide the gang money as a security. Jack Reacher slips into the hideout of the Croselli and detains of the men. He gets his confession recorded before leaving the hideout. Meanwhile Hemingway makes a call to the FBI. Lee Child is introducing new avenue of the crimes in high heat.
New York police is also informed about the Son of Sam. After informing the concerned agencies, they retire to a motel to have some rest there after the hectic activates of the long struggle. But unfortunately, Hemingway dies in the motel due to myocardial infarction. He informs the police about the sudden death of Hemingway and leaves to return his home. Don’t miss the exciting preview of Lee Child’s highly anticipated Jack Reacher novel, Never Go Back!
High Heat is the kind of explosive thriller only Lee Child could write and only Jack Reacher could survive, a heart-racing page-turner no suspense fan will want to miss.
Lee Child is one among the world’s leading heroic tale writers. He was born in Coventry, raised in Birmingham, and currently lives in big apple. . . Lee is that the recipient of the many awards, last Author of the Year at the 2019 British Book Awards. Lee Child is a more painter than the mere writer. He illustrates his character as if he living legend and is full of life.
Other Books by Lee Child
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1), 1997
- Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2), 1998
- Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3), 1999
- The Visitor (Jack Reacher #4), 2000 –
- Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5), 2001
- Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6), 2002
- Persuader (Jack Reacher #7), 2003
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher #8)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher #9), 2005 – this is the novel that prompted the first movie adaptation in 2012 with Tom Cruise
- The Hard Way (Jack Reacher #10), 2006
- Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher #11), 2007
- Nothing To Lose (Jack Reacher #12), 2007
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher #13), 2009
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14), 2010
- Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher #15), 2010
- Second Son (a short novella), 2011
- The Affair (Jack Reacher #16), 2011
- Deep Down (Jack Reacher #16.5), 2012
- A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher #17), 2012
- High Heat (Jack Reacher #17.5), short novella, 2013
- Never Go Back (Jack Reacher #18), 2013 – second movie adaptation with Tom Cruise
- Not a Drill (Jack Reacher #18.8), 2014
- Personal (Jack Reacher #19), 2014
- Small Wars (#19.5), 2015 (short story)
- Make Me (Jack Reacher #20), 2015
- Night School (Jack Reacher #21), 2016
- The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher #22), 2017
- The Christmas Scorpion (Jack Reacher #22.5), 2018
- Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23), 2018
- The Fourth Man (Jack Reacher #23.5), 2019
- Blue Moon (Jack Reacher #24), 2019
- The Sentinel (Jack Reacher #25), 2020
|Listening Length||7 hours and 9 minutes|
|Narrator||Lee Child, Dick Hill|
|Audible.com Release Date||May 20, 2014|
|Publisher||Random House Audio|
If you really enjoy High Heat – Jack Reacher Book 17.5 by Lee Child then also read these books of the same genre!