Never Go Back – Jack Reacher Book 18 by Lee Child: Never Go Back is a thrill, full of suspense and action packed novel by Lee Child. In the novel, Lee Child presents his hero Jack Reacher in a new and novel action. Lee Child has used his magical pen and wonderful craft of shaping the master piece and engages the readers in the puzzles of the mystery and mystic of story.
Jack Reacher is called by his native department by his commander MAJOR Susan Turner. But when he reaches the head quarter, he comes to know that Susan Turner has been transferred and Col. Morgan is the new commander of the special investigation unit. Jack Reacher is informed by Col. Morgan that two cases are registered against him. One case is of homicide which is nearly sixteen years back.
The other case is registered by a woman who claims that she had in relationship with Jack Reacher and that she had one fifteen year old daughter from Jack Reacher. Jack Reacher denies and that says that being a civilian, no case can be perused by military police. However, Col. Morgan makes proper arrangements for his stay in the room of a motel. Here, he encounters two men. They pass insulting remarks about Jack Reacher and in return, get furious blow from Jack. Lee Child is making jack a versatile character.
Jack Reacher comes to know that his ex commander Susan Turner is relieved of charge due to allegation of taking bribe. However, he does not believe it and goes to meet her but authority has given orders not to allow anyone in the prison. He returns disappointed and depressed. Jack Reacher will never go back.
The next day brings new surprises and revelation for Jack Reacher. In the morning, he calls on his lawyers, Maj. Helen Sullivan and Cap. Tracy Edmonds. They provide him the basic detail of the cases. On the same day, he visits the attorney and requests him to help Turner come out of the allegation. After this, he returns to head quarter but finds Morgan missing from the scene.
He also come to know that two cop serving in Afghanistan are missing. He issues orders for their search as an officer. However, Morgan gets frustrated at these orders and warns Jack Reacher to remain away from the official matters. Later on, Warrant Officer, Mr. Pete Espin arrives in the motel with orders of arrest. Now Turner and Jack are in the same prison to have long discussion and arguments about the present situation and how to get out of this trouble.
Both Turner and jack Reacher take out investigation and come to depth of the matter. Here, they come to know that gang of the culprits are running operation under the control of some military cops. They are smuggling contrabands in the form empty ordnance.
Action starts and jack and Turner plunge into the deadly war against the criminals who are hidden in the cover of army official.
A breath taking spree of Jack Reacher. The ever best thrill and action from the pen of Lee Child. Come and enjoy the story where Jack Lee is creating some of the best kicks and buzz.
Never Go Back is the kind of explosive thriller only Lee Child could write and only Jack Reacher could survive, a heart-racing page-turner no suspense fan will want to miss.
Lee Child is one among the world’s leading heroic tale writers. He was born in Coventry, raised in Birmingham, and currently lives in big apple. . . Lee is that the recipient of the many awards, last Author of the Year at the 2019 British Book Awards. Lee Child is a more painter than the mere writer. He illustrates his character as if he living legend and is full of life.
Other Books by Lee Child
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1), 1997
- Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2), 1998
- Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3), 1999
- The Visitor (Jack Reacher #4), 2000 –
- Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5), 2001
- Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6), 2002
- Persuader (Jack Reacher #7), 2003
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher #8)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher #9), 2005 – this is the novel that prompted the first movie adaptation in 2012 with Tom Cruise
- The Hard Way (Jack Reacher #10), 2006
- Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher #11), 2007
- Nothing To Lose (Jack Reacher #12), 2007
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher #13), 2009
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14), 2010
- Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher #15), 2010
- Second Son (a short novella), 2011
- The Affair (Jack Reacher #16), 2011
- Deep Down (Jack Reacher #16.5), 2012
- A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher #17), 2012
- High Heat (Jack Reacher #17.5), short novella, 2013
- Never Go Back (Jack Reacher #18), 2013 – second movie adaptation with Tom Cruise
- Not a Drill (Jack Reacher #18.8), 2014
- Personal (Jack Reacher #19), 2014
- Small Wars (#19.5), 2015 (short story)
- Make Me (Jack Reacher #20), 2015
- Night School (Jack Reacher #21), 2016
- The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher #22), 2017
- The Christmas Scorpion (Jack Reacher #22.5), 2018
- Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23), 2018
- The Fourth Man (Jack Reacher #23.5), 2019
- Blue Moon (Jack Reacher #24), 2019
- The Sentinel (Jack Reacher #25), 2020
|Listening Length||13 hours and 44 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com Release Date||September 03, 2013|
|Publisher||Random House Audio|