Never Go Back – Jack Reacher Book 19.5 by Lee Child: Lee Child has come back with bang and this time, he has come with small wars. This new masterpiece is full of stormy actions, deadly fights and bombastic dialogues. Giants, gangsters and snipers are present to get rid of Jack Reacher. They have become allied on single point and that is the killing of Jack Reacher to continue their illegal business.
Lee Child is making his hero versatile and the readers will surely notice this change in the novel small wars. The story is plain but the crafty hands of Lee Child have converted it into a delicate piece of writing.
A female lieutenant is murdered in the army base. The authority is annoyed at the situation and they send Jack Reacher to find out the murderer of the lieutenant. The murdered lieutenant is Caroline Crawford. Jack reaches the army base and starts investigation about the crime. He does not get proper information regarding the back ground of the female lieutenant.
The investigation discloses that she was working on classified plan which is about Pentagon. Jack collects different clues and evidences and he seems to conclude that the murder was a sort of carjacking but if he focuses his attention to this one point, it means that he is not Jack Reacher but perhaps his duplicate copy. As many of the basic questions remain unanswerable, they deep probe into the matter. Small wars are going to start.
Jack Reacher meets her brother and collects some important clues and doubts about the murder of the female lieutenant. The police and the other agencies are hesitant whether it is murder or homicide. However, jack continues his investigation and gathers all the bits and pieces together to reach at the final decision. These clues are enough to explain what would have happened with the victim. The reader is to walk along with jack Reacher to find who is the murderer and why is she killed mercilessly. Lee Child is focusing on making jack a marvelous hero
A short novel instead of full length novel is there to attract the reader and he is not to wait for long to reach at some conclusion and unveil the secret hands behind the conspiracy.
Surely murder is not an ordinary murder nor it is a usual incident but must be of huge importance and definitely, some conspiracy is present behind the murder of the lieutenant. Only the detail reading would be helpful in discovering and disclosing each and every hand involved in this murder and small wars.
Small Wars is the kind of explosive thriller only Lee Child could write and only Jack Reacher could survive, a heart-racing page-turner no suspense fan will want to miss.
Lee Child is one among the world’s leading heroic tale writers. He was born in Coventry, raised in Birmingham, and currently lives in big apple. . . Lee is that the recipient of the many awards, last Author of the Year at the 2019 British Book Awards. Lee Child is a more painter than the mere writer. He illustrates his character as if he living legend and is full of life.
Other Books by Lee Child
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1), 1997
- Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2), 1998
- Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3), 1999
- The Visitor (Jack Reacher #4), 2000 –
- Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5), 2001
- Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6), 2002
- Persuader (Jack Reacher #7), 2003
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher #8)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher #9), 2005 – this is the novel that prompted the first movie adaptation in 2012 with Tom Cruise
- The Hard Way (Jack Reacher #10), 2006
- Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher #11), 2007
- Nothing To Lose (Jack Reacher #12), 2007
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher #13), 2009
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14), 2010
- Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher #15), 2010
- Second Son (a short novella), 2011
- The Affair (Jack Reacher #16), 2011
- Deep Down (Jack Reacher #16.5), 2012
- A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher #17), 2012
- High Heat (Jack Reacher #17.5), short novella, 2013
- Never Go Back (Jack Reacher #18), 2013 – second movie adaptation with Tom Cruise
- Not a Drill (Jack Reacher #18.8), 2014
- Personal (Jack Reacher #19), 2014
- Small Wars (#19.5), 2015 (short story)
- Make Me (Jack Reacher #20), 2015
- Night School (Jack Reacher #21), 2016
- The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher #22), 2017
- The Christmas Scorpion (Jack Reacher #22.5), 2018
- Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23), 2018
- The Fourth Man (Jack Reacher #23.5), 2019
- Blue Moon (Jack Reacher #24), 2019
- The Sentinel (Jack Reacher #25), 2020
- SIN : B00ZRDPPU0
- Publisher : Transworld Digital (18 August 2015)
- Language : English
- File size : 1336 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 50 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #106,905 in Kindle Store