The Christmas Scorpion – Jack Reacher Book 22.5 by Lee Child:The Christmas Scorpion is another horrible adventure from the curios mind of Lee Child. He is discovering the new avenue of crimes and the way, criminals carry out their heinous activities and how they eras the trace of their crimes. Jack Reacher is at his best in this novel and is fiercer and more determined than ever before.
The Christmas Scorpion is a short novel by Lee Child. It consists of only 20 pages. In this short but interesting novel, Jack Reacher discovers how the killers are chasing him and how far they can go to dispatch him to the valley of death and darkness.
Jack Reacher is on journey to the south. He is in hope of warmth and dry season. He knows that weather is usually warm and dry in the south areas. So he chooses the southern areas of California. He reaches a small town of California. But to his surprise, weather is quite opposite to his expectations.
He comes in a freak blizzard. He is caught in the snow storm and looks for some shelter and refuge. He finds shelter in roadside house which is protective from snow. The Christmas scorpion by Lee Child is a gift of Christmas for the readers.
He comes across four persons who were already in the house to avoid the snow storm. They are stranger to Jack Reacher. During the conversation, he comes to know about them. The two strangers belong to British army. They were the part of VIP protocol but during the snow storm, they part from the protocol and are forced to take refuge in the house. They are determined to find the caravan in order to join them once again.
They ask help from Jack Reacher to reach their destination. Jack Reacher at once agrees to help them.
The two are given the threat by an organization named the Christmas Scorpion. They are terrified and are ready to give up. They are at the mercy of the killers and do not know what to do to save themselves. When Jack Reacher comes to know about the threat, he becomes ready to protect them from the killers and trace the real nature of the Christmas scorpion.
Would he be able to trace the killers or the British soldiers are in fact the undercover killers who are on the mission to get rid of Jack Reacher? Just open the book and twenty pages would entertain you and upheld your tired spirit and soul.
Lee Child is presenting his hero Jack Reacher in a new shape and spirit. He is curious to develop the personality of his hero and make him more accurate, daring and deep digging. His handling of the worst situations is marvelous and worth appreciating. Jack Reacher is made the living human being fighting and supporting his nation and people in side as well outside.
Lee child has devised the most shocking novel night school and set the reader to wander what would happen next and whether they would have any clue of the target.
The Christmas Scorpion is the kind of explosive thriller only Lee Child could write and only Jack Reacher could survive, a heart-racing page-turner no suspense fan will want to miss.
Lee Child is one among the world’s leading heroic tale writers. He was born in Coventry, raised in Birmingham, and currently lives in big apple. . . Lee is that the recipient of the many awards, last Author of the Year at the 2019 British Book Awards. Lee Child is a more painter than the mere writer. He illustrates his character as if he living legend and is full of life.
Other Books by Lee Child
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1), 1997
- Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2), 1998
- Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3), 1999
- The Visitor (Jack Reacher #4), 2000 –
- Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5), 2001
- Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6), 2002
- Persuader (Jack Reacher #7), 2003
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher #8)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher #9), 2005 – this is the novel that prompted the first movie adaptation in 2012 with Tom Cruise
- The Hard Way (Jack Reacher #10), 2006
- Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher #11), 2007
- Nothing To Lose (Jack Reacher #12), 2007
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher #13), 2009
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14), 2010
- Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher #15), 2010
- Second Son (a short novella), 2011
- The Affair (Jack Reacher #16), 2011
- Deep Down (Jack Reacher #16.5), 2012
- A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher #17), 2012
- High Heat (Jack Reacher #17.5), short novella, 2013
- Never Go Back (Jack Reacher #18), 2013 – second movie adaptation with Tom Cruise
- Not a Drill (Jack Reacher #18.8), 2014
- Personal (Jack Reacher #19), 2014
- Small Wars (#19.5), 2015 (short story)
- Make Me (Jack Reacher #20), 2015
- Night School (Jack Reacher #21), 2016
- The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher #22), 2017
- The Christmas Scorpion (Jack Reacher #22.5), 2018
- Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23), 2018
- The Fourth Man (Jack Reacher #23.5), 2019
- Blue Moon (Jack Reacher #24), 2019
- The Sentinel (Jack Reacher #25), 2020
- ASIN : B07BXCFJCV
- Publisher : Transworld Digital (1 October 2018)
- Language : English
- File size : 1205 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 47 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #89,320 in Kindle Store