Cracking the Coding Interview by Gayle Laakmann McDowell: I’m not a recruiter. I am a software engineer. And as such, I understand What it is like to be asked to whip up brilliant algorithms on the spot Then compose flawless code onto a whiteboard. I have been through this as a Candidate and as an aide.
Cracking the Coding Writer, 6th edition is here to help you through this procedure, teaching you what you need to know and enabling you to perform at your Very best. I’ve coached and interviewed hundreds of applications engineers. The end result is that book.
Discover how to uncover the tips and Hidden details in a query, learn how to break down a problem into Manageable chunks, create techniques to unstick yourself when stuck, Learn (or re-learn) core computer science concepts, and practice on 189 Interview inquiries and solutions.
These interview questions are Real; they aren’t pulled out of computer science scholars. They Reflect what is being asked in the very best companies, so you can Be prepared as possible.
- A walk-through of how to derive each alternative, so which you can discover how to get there.
- Hints about how best to solve all the 189 questions, just like what you would get in an actual interview.
- Five proven approaches to tackle algorithm questions, so you are able to fix questions you haven’t seen.
- Extensive coverage of key topics, such as large O period, data structures, and core algorithms.
- A behind the scenes look at how best companies such as Google and Facebook employ programmers.
- Techniques to get ready for and ace the soft side of the interview: behavioral queries.
- For interviewers and businesses: details on what makes a good interview question and hiring procedure.
The book, Cracking the Coding Interview is considered one of Gayle Laakmann McDowell’s masterpieces.
Cracking the Coding Interview Book Read Time
The Normal read time of “Cracking the Coding Interview” is just over 10 and seven hour, nevertheless If you’ve got the hardcover book as I do, then it was easily read in about seven and an half hour. Overall Cracking the Coding Interview book was amazing, short read time and simple to understand.
Start with is a wonderful weekend read. If you’re one who enjoys recharging your energies during the holidays, you’ll find “Cracking the Coding Interview” book very helpful.
Cracking the Coding Interview Book Details
- ASIN : 0984782850
- Publisher : CareerCup; 6th edition (July 1, 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 687 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0984782869
- ISBN-13 : 978-0984782857
- Item Weight : 2.66 pounds
- Dimensions : 7 x 1.59 x 10 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #569 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1 in Computer Hacking
- #1 in Business & Finance
- #1 in Computer Programming Languages
- Customer Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars 4,923 ratings
About Gayle Laakmann McDowell
Gayle Laakmann McDowell is a Writer, consultant, and founder focusing. On improving tech hiring for both the interviewer and the candidate.
Gayle Has worked as an engineer for Google, Microsoft, and Apple. Most Recently, at Google, she served on the hiring committee where she Interviewed hundreds of candidates and assessed thousands more. It had been Here that she discovered the disconnect between candidates, their skill Set, and their assignment performance.
Though her firm, CareerCup, Gayle has worked together with many of the top technology firms to Reform their hiring practices and execute interviewer training programs.
She is the author and founder that the best-selling Cracking The Interview & Career series: Cracking the Coding Interview, Cracking the PM Interview (co-authored with Jackie Bavaro), Cracking the PM Career (co-authored with Jackie Bavaro), and Cracking the Tech Career
Gayle holds a bachelor’s and master’s in Computer Science From the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from the Wharton School Of Business.
She consults, writes, and codes from her Home in Palo Alto, California. She can be found on the internet at gayle.com, twitter (@gayle), and facebook (@gayle).
If you really enjoyed Cracking the Coding Interview, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends, or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Thank you!
Did you read “Cracking the Coding Interview” on the way? Which one you are reading—and how it is similar to one of this? If you really enjoy Cracking the Coding Interview then also read these books of the same genre.
- Cracking the Coding Interview by Gayle Laakmann McDowell
- The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous
- The Growth Mindset Coach by Annie Brock
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Make Today Count by John C. Maxwell
- Laws Series Books In Order – John C. Maxwell
- How to Write a Business Plan by Mike McKeever
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Smarter Faster Better by Charles Duhigg
- The Art of Business Wars by David Brown
- How to Avoid a Climate Disaster by Bill Gates
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins