The Enemy – Jack Reacher Book 8 by Lee Child:The brightest star of army and brave soldier son of a brave soldier, Jack Reacher is the lone hero and the defender of the country. Ups and downs come in the life of every person and Jack Reacher is no exception. A turning point comes in the life of Jack Reacher. He is to face a complicated and risky case that could destroy his career and burn away his fame and popularity
Honour, valour and duty would be blotted if the case is not resolved. The enemy has chosen the field where he might compete with Jack Reacher and possibly defeat him. The novel The Enemy puts Jack in the most alarming situation.
Do or die is the phrase that would more suit to the situation Jack is trapped in. it was almost two decade back in 1990 when the Germans decided to break down the boundary wall which is called Berlin wall. At the same in USA, a two star general of American army is found dead in the North Carolina. He was residing in Hot Sheet motel for some official business. The killer has taken away his briefcase which is mystery for everyone. The Enemy is hidden in the darkness of secrecy.
Jack Reacher is appointed immediately to reach the spot and start investigating the cold blooded murder. But situation worsens as the wife of two star general is also murdered who was residing hundreds of miles away. The situation was slipping from the hands of the law enforcement agencies. Lee Child is exposing the enemy very slowly but with great suspense.
Jack Reacher is given the task to handle the situation and bring the culprit before the court of law. The military commanders are entangled in the game of chess. They are not sure how vast the world they are going to face and they are also unaware who is the enemy they to fight against. Jack Reacher is assisted by the top military agents.
Jack Reacher is of the nature never to give up and try till the last breath. He is engaged in a deadly fight and one female lieutenant is with is this tough and life taking adventure. This fight starts from the rural army post and continues in the twisty and winding streets of Paris. With his French-born mother dying—and divulging to her son one last, stunning secret. He is to put question to everybody. Even he is doubtful about his family, his career, his loyalties and himself. As he fighting his fight in the dark, he comes across the hopeless desires and violent death.
The Enemy discovers however the US Army works via an investigation into the death of General. The plot is tight, complicated and satisfying, spiced by conflicts with an asshole superior officer with an agenda and a bigger mystery around a coordinated however unexplained large-scale re-assignment of Special Unit MPs.
Lee Child is one amongst the world’s leading heroic tale writers. He was born in Coventry, raised in Birmingham, and currently lives in big apple. it’s aforesaid one in all of} his novels that includes his hero Jack Reacher is oversubscribed somewhere within the world every 9 seconds. His books systematically succeed the number-one slot on bestseller lists round the world and have oversubscribed over 100 million copies. Lee is that the recipient of the many awards, last Author of the Year at the 2019 British Book Awards. He was appointed CBE within the 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honors.
Other Books by Author
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1), 1997
- Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2), 1998
- Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3), 1999
- The Visitor (Jack Reacher #4), 2000 –
- Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5), 2001
- Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6), 2002
- Persuader (Jack Reacher #7), 2003
- The Enemy (Jack Reacher #8)
- One Shot (Jack Reacher #9), 2005 – this is the novel that prompted the first movie adaptation in 2012 with Tom Cruise
- The Hard Way (Jack Reacher #10), 2006
- Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher #11), 2007
- Nothing To Lose (Jack Reacher #12), 2007
- Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher #13), 2009
- 61 Hours (Jack Reacher #14), 2010
- Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher #15), 2010
- Second Son (a short novella), 2011
- The Affair (Jack Reacher #16), 2011
- Deep Down (Jack Reacher #16.5), 2012
- A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher #17), 2012
- High Heat (Jack Reacher #17.5), short novella, 2013
- Never Go Back (Jack Reacher #18), 2013 – second movie adaptation with Tom Cruise
- Not a Drill (Jack Reacher #18.8), 2014
- Personal (Jack Reacher #19), 2014
- Small Wars (#19.5), 2015 (short story)
- Make Me (Jack Reacher #20), 2015
- Night School (Jack Reacher #21), 2016
- The Midnight Line (Jack Reacher #22), 2017
- The Christmas Scorpion (Jack Reacher #22.5), 2018
- Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23), 2018
- The Fourth Man (Jack Reacher #23.5), 2019
- Blue Moon (Jack Reacher #24), 2019
- The Sentinel (Jack Reacher #25), 2020
|Listening Length||14 hours and 9 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com Release Date||February 02, 2021|
|Publisher||Random House Audio|
|Best Sellers Rank||#958 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals)|
If you really enjoy The Enemy – Jack Reacher Book 8 by Lee Child then also read these books of the same genre!