A biography book is a type of book that tells the life story of a person. These books can be divided into two categories: general biography books and autobiography books. General biography books tell the life story of someone who is not famous, while autobiography books are written by famous people who share their stories with the world.
Definition: Biography Books
A biographical book is a book that tells the life story of a person, typically one famous and/or historical. The term can also refer to any book about people or their lives, regardless of whether they are famous or not. These books can be written in any format, including narrative prose, poetry, or documentary style. Biography books may focus on one person’s life experiences and achievements, or they may explore the lives of several people who share some commonality.
In recent years, the definition of a biography book has shifted. Typically, these books are written about someone who is deceased and focus on their life story. However, there are now a growing number of biographical books written about living people.
Biography Genre Book Examples
There are a variety of different types of biographies, but all share the common goal of describing a person’s life. Some books focus on one person’s entire life, while others cover specific periods or events. Regardless of the type, each biography is an important piece of history and can provide valuable insights into the subject’s life and work.
Some popular biography genres include political biography, literary biography, and sports biography. Political biographies often focus on key moments in a person’s career or life and may explore the factors that led to their success. Literary biographers might attempt to interpret a writer’s works in relation to their personal history, while sports biographers typically focus on individual athletes and their careers.
Whatever your interest in biography, there are sure to be many great examples out there to read. Biography is an informative and entertaining genre that can help us learn more about our ancestors and favorite authors alike.
Movies based on biography books are also popular, with viewers looking to learn more about how to live their lives successfully. Here are some more examples of biography books:
- Muhammad- His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- Born a Crime – Stories from a South African Childhood
- Heaven is for Real
- Inspiration to LIVE YOUR MAGIC! 75 Inspiring Biographies
- The Science and the Life of Albert Einstein
- Napoleon – A Biography
- Che Guevara Biography
- Karl Marx Biography
- Mother Teresa Biography
- Martin Luther King Jr Biography
Also read: What Is Nonfiction? – Definition & Examples
Types of Biography Books
Biography books can be divided into two categories: general biography books and autobiography books. General biographies and autobiographies are traditional written formats that are used to tell the story of someone’s life. The differences between autobiographies and biographies are numerous. Continue reading to learn more about general biographical and autobiographical writing.
The story of an individual’s life is also told in a biography, which is a similar form of writing. General biographies are usually written as non-fiction recounts of famous people’s lives. They include details as well as personal stories. A general biography text may also discuss a historical event.
An autobiography is a non-fiction literary format that is a self-written account of a person’s life. The word ‘autobiography’ means self, life, and writing. Some significant figures and celebrities have written autobiographies, which we can find on book shelves. In any case, anyone can write an autobiography.
Most often, autobiographies are written by well-known individuals as a way to share their thoughts and experiences.
Also read: What is Fiction and Types of Fiction?
How to Get FREE Biography Books?
Amazon books are released in a lot of formats like Hardcover, Kindle, Paperback, free Audiobook, Library binding and Audio CD. GET 100% FREE ACCESS TO AMAZON AUDIOBOOKS BY SIGNING UP HERE!
To read the books in the order they have been published, follow the listing below. I earn as an Amazon Associate from qualifying purchases.
Recap of what we just learned
- What are Biography Books?
- Definition: Biography Books
- Biography Genre Book Examples
- Biography Books
- Types of Biography Books
- General Biographies
- How to Get FREE Biography Books?
Read more Biography Books!
Biography books are a great way to learn more about the people and events that have shaped our world. Whether you’re looking for information on historical figures or current celebrities, biography books provide an in-depth look at the lives of some of history’s most notable people.
Reading these books can also give you insight into famous historical moments, and help you better understand the world around you. If biographies are something that interests you, be sure to check out our selection of biography books and find one that will appeal to your reading tastes.
- James Patterson Books In OrderJames Patterson Books in Order: If you have read books written by James Patterson, for sure, you are familiar with his Women’s Murder Club series on hardcover, Kindle, paperbacks, and free audiobooks. James Patterson famous books in order are along with Maximum Ride series, Michael Bennett series and Alex Cross Books In Order.… Read More »James Patterson Books In Order
- Dean Koontz Books In OrderDean Koontz Books In Order: If you have read books written by Dean Koontz, for sure, you are familiar with his Odd Thomas Series on hardcover, kindle, paperbacks and free audiobooks. Dean Koontz famous books in order are along with Jane Hawk series, Black Bat Mystery series, Nameless series, What the Night Knows… Read More »Dean Koontz Books In Order
- Sirat Ibn Hisham – Prophet Muhammd Biography – Biography BooksSirat Ibn Hisham – Prophet Muhammd Biography – Biography Books: Throughout history, the world has never witnessed in ideal character like that of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). This fact is maintained in the Glorious Quran, when Allah, Most High, says. Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern… Read More »Sirat Ibn Hisham – Prophet Muhammd Biography – Biography Books
- Martin Luther King Jr Biography – Biography BooksMartin Luther King Jr Biography – Biography Books: Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on January 15, 1929. Dr. King grew up because the son of a number one minister in Atlanta, Georgia, the Rev. Martin Luther King, Sr. His mother, Mrs. Alberta Williams King, assisted her husband in the… Read More »Martin Luther King Jr Biography – Biography Books
- Mother Teresa Biography – Biography BooksMother Teresa Biography – Biography Books: Writing about Mother Teresa can be both a frustrating and challenging exercise. On the surface, she appears almost one-dimensional, living a simple life devoted to her calling and her faith. Closer inspection, however, reveals a personality so rife with contradictions that it is difficult… Read More »Mother Teresa Biography – Biography Books
- Karl Marx Biography – Biography BooksKarl Mark Biography – Biography Books: It may seem paradoxical that Marx , whom numerous working-class movements of our time claim as their Master and infallible guide to revolution, should have come from a cushty middle-class home. Yet to a remarkable extent he does himself epitomise his own doctrine that… Read More »Karl Marx Biography – Biography Books
- Che Guevara Biography – Biography BooksChe Guevara Biography – Biography Books: Ernesto Guevara de la Serna, commonly referred to as “Che Guevara,” “El Che,” is arguably one among the foremost famous revolutionaries in world history, certainly within the history of the last century or more. In January 2000, Time magazine named him one of the… Read More »Che Guevara Biography – Biography Books
- Book of Biographies – Biography BooksBook of Biographies – Biography Books: We concur with Ralph Waldo Emerson “that Biography is the only true History,” and are of the view that some of the biographies of the top men of a country would provide a more intriguing, in addition to accurate, history of the nation than… Read More »Book of Biographies – Biography Books
- Napoleon – A Biography ( PDFhive.com )Napoleon – A Biography: This book does not purport to be a definitive biography of Napoleon. Indeed I wonder if such a thing is possible, short of a multi-volume life along the lines of Martin Gilbert’s lifetime work on Churchill, and even then there must be doubts whether any one… Read More »Napoleon – A Biography ( PDFhive.com )
- The Science and the Life of Albert Einstein (PDFhive.com)The Science and the Life of Albert Einstein: The world of science is greatly fortunate that a theoretical physicist of the distinction of Abraham Pais should have discovered within himself not only a particular talent for scientific biography but also a passionate desire to convey to us his unique perspective… Read More »The Science and the Life of Albert Einstein (PDFhive.com)
- Inspiration to LIVE YOUR MAGIC! 75 Inspiring BiographiesInspiration to LIVE YOUR MAGIC! 75 Inspiring Biographies: First, I acknowledge the support of my wife Janet, who encouraged me to write a book, and accommodated and protected my need for solitude to read, think, and write. She also acted as a sounding board for all of my ideas, giving… Read More »Inspiration to LIVE YOUR MAGIC! 75 Inspiring Biographies
- Heaven is for Real – A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back ( PDFhive.com )Heaven is for Real – A Little Boy’s Astounding Story: “You will be moved by the honest, simple, childlike accounts of a little boy who has been to heaven. It’s compelling and convincing. It’s a book you should read. If you’re ready to go to heaven, this book will inspire… Read More »Heaven is for Real – A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back ( PDFhive.com )
- Born a Crime – Stories from a South African Childhood ( PDFhive.com )Born a Crime – Stories from a South African Childhood: The genius of apartheid was convincing people who were the overwhelming majority to turn on each other. Apart hate, is what it was. You separate people into groups and make them hate one another so you can run them all.… Read More »Born a Crime – Stories from a South African Childhood ( PDFhive.com )
- Islam Faith Practice and History (PDFhive.com)Islam Faith Practice and History: The book in your hands is a basic treatise on Islamic ideology, laws and morals just as the early history of the confidence in fifty lessons. These exercises were a piece of the Islamic Correspondence Course that I incorporated, composed and altered for the Islamic… Read More »Islam Faith Practice and History (PDFhive.com)
- When the Moon Split: A Biography of prophet Muhammad (PBUH)When the Moon Split: A Biography of prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is based on Arabic sources and was originally written in Urdu. The translators were thus confronted with the arduous task of working with three different languages involving different narrative techniques. Rendering ‘When the Moon Split’ into English entailed more than… Read More »When the Moon Split: A Biography of prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari ( PDFhive.com )The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari has been a unique undertaking, brought to fulfillment through the endeavors of some uncommon individuals. I am profoundly appreciative to my great creation group and to each one of those whose eagerness and vitality changed my vision of… Read More »The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari ( PDFhive.com )
- Muhammad- His Life Based on the Earliest SourcesMuhammad- His Life Based on the Earliest Sources: At every assembly of Quraysh there was at least some discussion of what seemed to them their greatest problem; and they now decided to send to Yathrib to consult the Jewish rabbis: “Ask them about Muhammad,” they said to their two envoys.… Read More »Muhammad- His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
Biography books are a great way to learn about the lives of famous people. They can be used for school projects, for entertainment, or just to gain an understanding of history.
You can find biography books in many different genres, including history, science fiction, and romance. Which genre would you like to read about one of your favorite celebrities? Let us know in the comments below!
Most Famous Genres
Do you know where to find the most famous genres of books? The genres have shaped society and popular culture in some way. If you need more clarification, then read on. Here are the most famous genres of books at PDF hive.
- Action and Adventure
- Advice and How-To
- Animal Books
- Book Series In Order
- Chemistry Books
- Chick Lit
- Children & Youth
- Children Books
- Coming of Age
- Computer Sciences
- Contemporary Romance
- Crime and Investigation
- Crime Fiction and Mysteries
- Design & Arts
- Dragon Books
- Electrical Engineering
- Paranormal Romance
- Epic Fantasy
- Fairy Tales and Mythology
- Fantasy Romance
- Fashion & Beauty
- Free Audio Books
- Free PDF Books
- Friendship Books
- Genetic Engineering
- Health & Fitness
- Historical Mysteries
- International Mysteries
- Middle Grade
- Missing Persons
- Organizational Behavior
- PDFhive Bestsellers
- Personal Finance
- Personal Growth
- Physics Books
- Police Procedurals
- Politics & Law
- Romantic Comedy
- Self Help
- Serial Killers
- Short Stories
- Social Issues
- Success Stories
- Supernatural Suspense
- Teen and Young Adult
- Test Preparation
- Time Travel Romance
- Urban Fantasy
- Women Sleuths