As the world becomes increasingly dangerous, more and more people are exploring the topic of assassination. There’s no doubt that assassination books are a very popular genre, whether they make you curious or scared. In this article, we’ll introduce you to the basics of assassination books and give you some examples to get a better idea of what they involve. Afterwards, we’ll discuss some of the ethical implications of reading about assassinations.
Definition: Assassination Books
Assassination books are a type of book that tells the story of assassinations, from the planning and execution to the aftermath. They can be written by journalists or authors who have been involved in covering the topic, or they can be works of non-fiction.
The first assassination book was published in 1892, and since then there have been countless titles chronicling the history and practice of assassination. Some well-known examples include Michael Herr’s Dispatches from Vietnam (1971), Richard Helms’ A Look at the U.S. Spy Establishment (1976), and John le Carré’s Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (1974).
The tone of these books ranges from journalistic accounts of events to murder mysteries to philosophical looks at assassination as an art form. No matter how serious or funny it is, all assassination literature has the same goal: to give a full picture of one of the most complicated and dangerous activities in history.
Assassination Genre Book Examples
Assassination books can provide fascinating insight into the methods and motivations behind assassination attempts. These books often include detailed accounts of successful and unsuccessful assassination attempts, as well as analysis of the political and social contexts surrounding each assassination.
Some excellent examples of assassination books are The Assassination of John F. Kennedy by Robert Dallek, which covers the Kennedy assassination from a historical perspective, and The Killing of President Kennedy by David Talbot, which provides an in-depth examination of the events leading up to and following Kennedy’s death.
Movies based on these types of books are also popular, with viewers looking to learn more about how to live their lives successfully. Here are some more examples of assassination books:
- American Assassin – Mitch Rapp
- Kill Shot
- Transfer of Power
- The Third Option
- Separation of Power
- Executive Power
- Memorial Day
- Consent to Kill
- Protect and Defend
- Extreme Measures
- The Bourne Evolution
- The Bourne Identity
- The Bourne Supremacy
Also read: What Is Nonfiction? – Definition & Examples
Assassination books are a great way to learn about assassination techniques and history. They can also provide inspiration for writing your own assassination book. Here are some examples of assassination books:
The Assassination of John F. Kennedy by Gerald Posner
The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy by Ted Koppel
Assassinations: A History from Ancient times to the Present by Tom Allen
Also read: What is Fiction and Types of Fiction?
How to Get FREE Assassination Books?
Amazon books are released in a lot of formats like Hardcover, Kindle, Paperback, free Audiobook, Library binding and Audio CD. GET 100% FREE ACCESS TO AMAZON AUDIOBOOKS BY SIGNING UP HERE!
To read the books in the order they have been published, follow the listing below. I earn as an Amazon Associate from qualifying purchases.
Recap of what we just learned
- What are Assassination Books?
- Definition: Assassination Books
- Assassination Genre Book Examples
- Assassination Books
- How to Get FREE Assassination Books?
Read more Assassination Books!
Reading more assassination books can give you a greater understanding of the events that lead up to and follow an assassination. By learning about the different ways assassins have killed people in the past, you can be better ready if you ever find yourself in a similar situation.
Additionally, studying these events can provide you with a unique perspective on world politics and how they relate to human behavior. Regardless of your political beliefs, reading about assassinations will broaden your horizons and help you to better understand complex issues.
- The Pelican Brief – John GrishamThe Pelican Brief – Colleen Hoover: I am going to provide you an honest review of The Pelican Brief. The Pelican Brief is a gripping legal thriller by John Grisham that tells the story of Darby Shaw, a young law student who finds herself in the midst of a dangerous… Read More »The Pelican Brief – John Grisham
- The Bourne Initiative – Jason Bourne Book 14 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Initiative – Jason Bourne Book 14: Jason Bourne returns in this thrilling new thriller by Eric Van Lustbader. The series continues Robert Ludlum’s iconic series. General Boris Karpov, head of the highly feared Russian FSB, was killed. However, Karpov has come out of the grave to lead an… Read More »The Bourne Initiative – Jason Bourne Book 14 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Enigma – Jason Bourne Book 13 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Enigma – Jason Bourne Book 13: Jason Bourne receives an enigmatic message at Russian general Boris Karpov’s wedding from his former friend and spymaster. In Moscow, the event supposed to be the most joyful celebration becomes bloody and deadly. The moment is now Bourne has become the one… Read More »The Bourne Enigma – Jason Bourne Book 13 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Ascendancy – Jason Bourne Book 12 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Ascendancy – Jason Bourne Book 12: Jason Bourne is one of the most popular and intriguing characters of contemporary fiction. Although the best-selling writer Robert Ludlum first created it, the Jason Bourne series was later developed into films that have become modern classics. Today, New York Times bestselling… Read More »The Bourne Ascendancy – Jason Bourne Book 12 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Retribution – Jason Bourne Book 11 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Retribution – Jason Bourne Book 11: Jason Bourne is one of the most beloved and intriguing characters of contemporary fiction. The character was initially created by the famous novelist Robert Ludlum. Now New York Times bestselling writer Eric Van Lustbader takes the legacy of Ludlum with the release of a… Read More »The Bourne Retribution – Jason Bourne Book 11 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Imperative – Jason Bourne Book 10 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Imperative – Jason Bourne Book 10: A man named Jason Bourne fishes out of the frozen sea is in danger of death, bleeding heavily from a gunshot wound. He wakes up with no knowledge of who he is or what caused him to be shot. Bourne is struck… Read More »The Bourne Imperative – Jason Bourne Book 10 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Dominion – Jason Bourne Book 9 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Dominion – Jason Bourne Book 9: Jason Bourne is searching for an unidentified group of terrorists who plan to take down America’s most critical natural resources. He’s seeking the help of his friend from the past, general Boris Karpov. Karpov was recently appointed the head of Russia’s most… Read More »The Bourne Dominion – Jason Bourne Book 9 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Objective – Jason Bourne Book 8 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Objective – Jason Bourne Book 8: In pursuing mercenaries across Africa, Jason Bourne witnesses the murder of an artist identified as Tracy Atherton. Her death reveals snippets of his memory that are faulty, particularly his murder. young girl in Bali gave him a ring with a peculiarly-engraved design.… Read More »The Bourne Objective – Jason Bourne Book 8 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Deception – Jason Bourne Book 7 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Deception – Jason Bourne Book 7: Jason bourne’s foe Arkadin is in his pursuit, and they continue to fight in a battle that reverts their roles as hunter and hunter. When Jason bourne is attacked and severely wounded, He fakes his death and hides. Finally, he is safe,… Read More »The Bourne Deception – Jason Bourne Book 7 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Sanction – Jason Bourne Book 6 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Sanction – Jason Bourne Book 6: Jason Bourne returns to Georgetown University and the sane world of his alter-ego, David Webb, hoping for some normalcy. However, after so many adrenaline-saturated decades of losing his own life, Bourne is squeamish under the unassuming life of a professor of linguistics.Amid… Read More »The Bourne Sanction – Jason Bourne Book 6 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Betrayal – Jason Bourne Book 5 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Betrayal – Jason Bourne Book 5: Already devastated by the loss, Bourne is devastated by the news report that his friend, Martin Lindros, has gone missing. Lindros, a CI vice-director Lindros has been missing since Ethiopia looking for suspicious cargoes of yellowcake Uranium and nuclear bombs. As the… Read More »The Bourne Betrayal – Jason Bourne Book 5 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Legacy – Jason Bourne Book 4 – Eric Van LustbaderThe Bourne Legacy – Jason Bourne Book 4: In the course of Robert Ludlum’s groundbreaking career, no character has captivated and captured the world’s attention like Jason Bourne. He was featured in three of Ludlum’s top-selling novels, including The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum, which remain among Ludlum’s best-loved… Read More »The Bourne Legacy – Jason Bourne Book 4 – Eric Van Lustbader
- The Bourne Ultimatum – Jason Bourne Book 3 – Robert LudlumThe Bourne Ultimatum – Jason Bourne Book 3: Two of the most dangerous spies in the world in the most thrilling showdown. In a small-town carnival, two men, who are each mysteriously summoned by telegrams, witness an unimaginable murder. The messages are signed by Jason Bourne. Only those who know Bourne’s real… Read More »The Bourne Ultimatum – Jason Bourne Book 3 – Robert Ludlum
- The Bourne Supremacy – Jason Bourne Book 2 – Robert LudlumThe Bourne Supremacy – Jason Bourne Book 2: Return to the dark and spooky universe in the shadowy world of Jason Bourne, an expert assassin still plagued by fragmented nightmares of his previous life. This time, the stakes are greater than ever before. Someone who has assumed the Bourne identity, a… Read More »The Bourne Supremacy – Jason Bourne Book 2 – Robert Ludlum
- The Bourne Identity – Jason Bourne Book 1 – Robert LudlumThe Bourne Identity – Jason Bourne Book 1: He was taken from the ocean and was found to be awash in bullets. There are some clues that point to a microfilm frame surgically implanted underneath the hip’s skin evidence of plastic surgery has changed his appearance. A number is also on… Read More »The Bourne Identity – Jason Bourne Book 1 – Robert Ludlum
- The Bourne Evolution – Jason Bourne Book 15 – Brian FreemanThe Bourne Evolution: America’s longest-running character, Jason Bourne, returns in a thrilling, fresh tale part of his place in the Bourne series that tests the old abilities and uncovers fresh ones. After the tragic death of his beloved in a massacre, the secret agent Jason Bourne is convinced that there’s… Read More »The Bourne Evolution – Jason Bourne Book 15 – Brian Freeman
- The Bourne Treachery – Jason Bourne Book 16 – Brian FreemanThe most viciously efficient assassin, Jason Bourne, has made a bloody mess of all of his foes. Still, he’s confronting the one thing that he cannot defeat: his past in the most thrilling new installment of Robert Ludlum’s New York Times bestseller collection. A few years back, Jason Bourne embarked on an… Read More »The Bourne Treachery – Jason Bourne Book 16 – Brian Freeman
- Enemy at the Gates – Mitch Rapp Book 20Mitch Rapp is the top CIA operative and searches for a high ranking mole who can rewrite the world. This riveting thriller by #1 New York Timesbestselling writer Vince Flynn was written by Kyle Mills.Mitch Rapp worked for many presidents in his career. But Anthony Cook is unlike any other. He is… Read More »Enemy at the Gates – Mitch Rapp Book 20
- Total Power – Mitch Rapp Book 19The latest compulsive thriller from the New York Timesbestselling Mitch Rapp series is . When s destroy the entire US power grid it’s a race to stop chaos.‘Suspenseful and strikingly original’Publishers Weekly“Proves once more that the Mitch Rapp series, when it comes to special operations”‘Booklist Mitch Rapp captured ISIS’s top technology… Read More »Total Power – Mitch Rapp Book 19
- Lethal Agent – Mitch Rapp Book 18A new and frightening bioterrorism plot could cause mass deaths amid a polarizing presidential election in this latest action thriller in the #1 New York Times bestseller Mitch Rapp series. A tense presidential election is brewing in an America that is already severely weakened due to internal divisions. While politicians are focused… Read More »Lethal Agent – Mitch Rapp Book 18
As you can see, assassination books are a popular topic, and there are many different types to choose from. If you’re interested in learning more about this topic or just want to read some interesting examples, we recommend checking out some of these books. We hope that this article has helped you understand what assassination books are and given you some ideas of what to look for when browsing the books.
If you’re looking for a good read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, check out some of our assassination books. These novels take readers on an exciting journey as they follow characters through events that could lead to murder.
Most Famous Genres
Do you know where to find the most famous genres of books? The genres have shaped society and popular culture in some way. If you need more clarification, then read on. Here are the most famous genres of books at PDF hive.
- Action and Adventure
- Advice and How-To
- Animal Books
- Book Series In Order
- Chemistry Books
- Chick Lit
- Children & Youth
- Children Books
- Coming of Age
- Computer Sciences
- Contemporary Romance
- Crime and Investigation
- Crime Fiction and Mysteries
- Design & Arts
- Dragon Books
- Electrical Engineering
- Paranormal Romance
- Epic Fantasy
- Fairy Tales and Mythology
- Fantasy Romance
- Fashion & Beauty
- Free Audio Books
- Free PDF Books
- Friendship Books
- Genetic Engineering
- Health & Fitness
- Historical Mysteries
- International Mysteries
- Middle Grade
- Missing Persons
- Organizational Behavior
- PDFhive Bestsellers
- Personal Finance
- Personal Growth
- Physics Books
- Police Procedurals
- Politics & Law
- Romantic Comedy
- Self Help
- Serial Killers
- Short Stories
- Social Issues
- Success Stories
- Supernatural Suspense
- Teen and Young Adult
- Test Preparation
- Time Travel Romance
- Urban Fantasy
- Women Sleuths